For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Apply for a residence permit for a study-related internship EU

You can obtain a residence permit for a study-related internship EU if you have obtained a university degree in the last two years before the application or if you are still studying in a third country that leads to a university degree. A university is any educational institution that enables a degree that is comparable to a university degree, as it could be obtained in Germany. In this respect, the evaluation recommendations of the Central Office for Foreign Education must be taken into account, see further information.

If you have not yet reached the age of 18, the person entitled to custody must agree to your planned stay for the purpose of the study-related internship.

The residence permit for a study-related internship is a temporary residence permit. It is granted for the agreed duration of the traineeship, but for a maximum of six months.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page