Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Applying for vocational training for people with disabilities who are fully disabled

Due to the nature or severity of your disability, you are currently unable to be employed on the general labour market, not yet or not yet again? Then, under certain conditions, the Federal Employment Agency promotes services in the initial procedure and vocational training sector in a recognised workshop for disabled people or with another service provider.

The aim of the support is in particular to offer you appropriate vocational training. Vocational training is geared to the conditions of the general labour market and should be carried out as close to the company or company as possible. If possible, your performance should be developed in such a way that you can work on the general labour market or then take up employment in the work area, for example in a workshop for disabled people.

In this development process, you will be continuously supported by workshops or other service providers by instructing, supervising, accompanying and educating you. If your employment agency is the rehabilitation provider responsible, it will cover the costs.

Accompanying services will be at your side throughout the entire measure. They ensure your medical, educational, psychological and social care.

The benefits are funded for a maximum of 27 months and are divided into 2 phases: the entry procedure and the vocational training area.

Entry procedure

In the initial procedure, it is clear whether the achievements in the field of vocational training and, in the future, in the field of work will help you to participate in working life. This will determine, for example, which areas of work and employment opportunities are suitable for you or whether other vocational training services are also suitable for you. These findings on your performance potential form the basis for the individual integration plan, which is developed for you and with you. The integration plan contains statements on your specific support needs, support measures and career prospects.

The funding usually lasts 3 months. The funding period can be shortened to up to 4 weeks.


In the field of vocational training, you will receive a vocational qualification that is geared to your individual support needs. For example, you will be taught professional knowledge and skills, such as the handling of materials, tools or machines. This should teach you to carry out professional activities independently. In addition, you will be supported in strengthening your social skills and developing your personality. You can also complete all or part of the vocational training measures in companies in the general labour market, for example through an in-company internship or on an outsourced vocational training place.

The qualification takes place both through individual measures and through training courses. You can have a say in the decisions about your individual qualification path.

During the initial procedure and the vocational training sector, you are entitled to either transitional allowance or training allowance. You also have health, nursing care, accident and pension insurance.

Process flow

In order to receive benefits in the entry procedure/vocational training sector, you must contact your employment agency:

  • Make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation team of your Employment Agency.
  • If you do not yet have a personal contact person at the Employment Agency, make an appointment via the ServiceHotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
  • In a personal interview, you will clarify together whether benefits in the initial procedure and vocational training area are suitable for you.
  • If your advisor determines that the support helps you to participate in working life, discuss together the possible alternatives for carrying out these services (for example, in a workshop or at another service provider, as a personal budget).
  • Your advisor will also discuss with you the forms you need to fill out. You can also fill in the documents online.
  • The Employment Agency registers you with the workshop or other service provider. You will then be informed about the concrete start of your participation.


  • You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
  • Your prospects of participating or participating again in working life are not only temporarily significantly reduced due to the nature or severity of your disability and you therefore need help to participate in working life.
    • Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same professional consequences.
  • Due to the nature or severity of their disabilities, they cannot or not yet return to work on the general labour market.
  • It is to be expected that you will be able to do at least a "minimum of economically exploitable work" following the vocational training measures.

Further requirements:

  • You do not have an extraordinary need for care and/or care.
  • You do not endanger yourself or others through your social behaviour (influenced by the disability).

Which documents are required?

When contacting your advisor, please ask which documents you need.

What are the fees?


Processing duration

Processing usually takes several weeks. Once the service has been approved, the aim is to ensure that the start of the measure takes place as soon as possible in coordination with the provider.

Applications / forms

Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: Yes
Online services available: Yes


Objection to the Employment Agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the respective notification.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)