Applying for vocational training for people with disabilities who have a total disability
Due to the nature or severity of your disability, you are currently unable to be employed on the general labour market, not yet or not yet re-employed? Then, under certain conditions, the Federal Employment Agency will fund services in the entry procedure and vocational training in a recognised workshop for disabled people or with another service provider.
In particular, the aim of the funding is to offer you appropriate vocational training. Vocational education and training is based on the conditions of the general labour market and should be carried out as close to the company or as in-company as possible. If possible, your performance should be developed in such a way that you can work on the general labour market or then take up employment in the field of work, for example in a workshop for disabled people.
In this development process, you will be continuously supported by workshops or other service providers by instructing, supervising, accompanying and educating you. If your employment agency is the responsible rehabilitation provider, it will cover the costs.
Accompanying services are available throughout the entire process. They provide your medical, educational, psychological and social care.
The benefits are funded for a maximum of 27 months and are divided into 2 phases: the entry procedure and the vocational training area.
In the initial procedure, it will be clarified whether the achievements in the field of vocational education and training and, in the future, in the field of work will help you to participate in working life. This will determine, for example, which areas of work and employment opportunities are suitable for you or whether other vocational training services are also suitable for you. These assessments of your performance potential form the basis for the individual integration plan that is developed for you and with you. The integration plan contains statements about your specific support needs, the support measures and your career prospects.
The funding usually lasts 3 months. The funding period can be shortened to up to 4 weeks.
In the field of vocational education and training, you will receive a vocational qualification that is tailored to your individual support needs. For example, you will be taught professional knowledge and skills, such as how to handle materials, tools or machines. The aim is to teach you how to carry out professional activities independently. In addition, you will be supported in strengthening your social skills and developing your personality. You can also complete all or part of the vocational training measures in companies on the general labour market, for example through an in-company internship or on an outsourced vocational training place.
Qualification takes place both through individual measures and through training courses. In doing so, you can have a say in the decisions about your individual qualification path.
During the entry procedure and the vocational training area, you are entitled to either transitional allowance or training allowance. You are also insured against health, long-term care, accidents and pensions.
In order to be able to receive benefits in the entrance procedure/vocational training area, you must contact your employment agency:
- To do this, make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation team at your employment agency.
- If you do not yet have a personal contact person at the Employment Agency, please make an appointment via the Service Hotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
- In a personal interview, you will clarify together whether benefits in the entry procedure and vocational training area are suitable for you.
- If your advisor determines that the support helps you to participate in working life, discuss together the possible alternatives for carrying out these services (for example, in a workshop or with another service provider, as a personal budget).
- Your advisor will also discuss the forms you need to fill out with you. You can also fill out the documents online.
- The Employment Agency will register you with the workshop or with the other service provider. You will then be informed about the specific start of your participation.
- You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
- Due to the nature or severity of your disability, your prospects of participating or re-participating in working life are not only temporarily significantly reduced, and you therefore need help to participate in working life.
- Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same professional consequences.
- Due to the nature or severity of their disabilities, they are not, not yet or not yet able to return to work in the general labour market.
- It is to be expected that you will be able to perform at least a "minimum level of economically exploitable work" following the vocational training measures.
- You do not have an extraordinary need for care and/or nursing.
- You do not endanger yourself or others through your social behaviour (which is influenced by your disability).
Which documents are required?
When you contact your advisor, please ask what documents you need.
What are the fees?
The processing usually takes several weeks. Once the benefit has been approved, the aim is to ensure that the start of the measure takes place as soon as possible in consultation with the provider.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: Yes
Online services available: Yes
Appeal to the Employment Agency, which issued the decision. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the respective notice.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.