For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Residence permit for the purpose of training Grant for recognition of professional qualification on the basis of an agreement of the Federal Employment Agency

You can obtain a residence permit to qualify your foreign professional qualification if you have been placed in employment in another selected area on the basis of an agreement between the Federal Employment Agency and the employment service of your country of origin in the field of health and care (e.g. under the "Triple Win" programme for the placement of nurses) or on the basis of an agreement in another selected area.

You do not have to run a recognition procedure in Germany before issuing your residence permit. This can also be started upon arrival in Germany. The overall procedure required for this purpose is regulated by the conciliation agreement.

The Federal Employment Agency must have agreed to work in the desired occupational field. The approval of the Federal Employment Agency is granted for a limited period of one year. Consent may be given for the pursuit of employment in both regulated and non-regulated professions if certain conditions are met.

Regulated professions are those for which special professional qualifications had to be acquired for the access and exercise of which, e.g. with doctors, architects, pharmacists. You can find out whether your profession is regulated in Germany, which laws it is regulated by and where you have to apply to check your qualifications in the information portal "Recognition in Germany" (see "Further information").

The Federal Employment Agency may give its consent to the pursuit of employment in a regulated profession if the employment envisaged is closely linked to the professional knowledge in the profession to be recognised after entry and further conditions are met (see "Conditions"). A close professional connection is given if, for example, you Want to have her qualifications recognised as a health and children's nurse and to work in the nursing assistant sector during the recognition process.

The residence permit entitles you to work up to ten hours a week, independent of the professional qualification to be recognised.

The residence permit for the recognition of the professional qualification on the basis of an agreement of the Federal Employment Agency is a temporary residence permit. It shall be granted for one year.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page