Entry in the list of consulting engineers
The use of the professional title "Consulting Engineer" is protected in Lower Saxony. Only those who are entered in the list of consulting engineers or in a corresponding directory of another federal state may use this professional title.
If you have a place of residence or a professional establishment in Lower Saxony or exercise your profession in whole or in part, but not only temporarily or occasionally, in Lower Saxony, are entitled to use the professional title "engineer", then have worked full-time for at least three years or correspondingly longer part-time as an engineer, to deepen your professional experience at least four one-day job-related If you have participated in further training events that carry out professional tasks of engineers as freelancers and have sufficient professional liability insurance, you can register in the list of consulting engineers and become a member of the Lower Saxony Chamber of Engineers.
You may use the professional title "engineer" protected in accordance with § 1 NIngG if the requirements specified in § 6 NIngG are met.
Persons who have a qualification from an EU member state, another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or a state treated as such by agreements or from other foreign countries, you need a permit from the Lower Saxony Chamber of Engineers in accordance with §§ 7 to 9 NIngG to use the professional title "engineer" or must be entitled to use the professional title under the law of another federal state.
- Download the form online and print it out.
- Fill in the form and add the necessary evidence.
- Submit the application documents to the Lower Saxony Chamber of Engineers
- They are either entered in the list or the application is rejected
Who should I contact?
An application for entry in the list of consulting engineers must be submitted in writing or online using the form provided. The supporting documents referred to in 'Required documents' shall be attached to the application.
Which documents are required?
- Proof of university degree
- Persons with a foreign university degree also:
Permission to use the professional title "engineer"
- at least three years of professional experience as an engineer
- Proof of participation in at least four one-day vocational training events
- Proof of independent and self-responsible activity as an engineer by presenting e.B. excerpt from the commercial register, copy of the articles of association, confirmation by the superior of the professional independence from instructions and / or confirmation of freelance work by the tax office or tax consultant
- Current proof of the existence of professional indemnity insurance
- Reliability Statement
Please have all the necessary documents ready for the electronic application. Without the complete documents, you will not be able to complete the electronic application process and submit your application.
What are the fees?
- 249 € one-time registration fee
The following payment methods are possible online:
- Credit card
- SEPA direct debit (without blacklist check)
Fee: 249,00 EURPayment in advance: Yes
Provided that the required documents, including proof of entitlement to use the job title, are available in full, a maximum of three months.
If the eligibility to use the professional title must be checked, usually three to a maximum of four months after all necessary documents for the previous approval procedure have been submitted.
Applications / forms
Applications can be submitted at any time in writing or online to the Chamber of Engineers of Lower Saxony.
- Forms for download (membership applications)
- Online Procedure: Link to online application
- Personal appearance not required
Administrative court action.
What else should I know?
Entry in the list of consulting engineers entails compulsory membership in the pension scheme of the Lower Saxony Chamber of Engineers, unless the applicant has already reached the age of 45.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Chamber of Engineers of Lower Saxony
Professionally released on