Apply for health assistance
If you do not have health insurance and receive uninterrupted subsistence assistance for a short period of time (probably less than a month), the social welfare office will provide the necessary medical care directly by issuing a treatment certificate.
- Preventive health assistance for the prevention and early detection of diseases
- Help in case of illness
- Help with family planning
- Help with pregnancy and maternity
- Help with sterilization
The person responsible is:
- the social welfare office of the respective local social welfare institution
- the social welfare office of the municipality belonging to the district or region used by the local social welfare agency,
in which the place of residence is located.
Local social welfare agencies: districts, independent cities and the Hanover region
Health assistance is provided to persons who:
- who do not have statutory or adequate private health insurance,
- the provision of services via the health insurance fund (§ 264 para. 4 SGB V) is out of the question
- and who cannot reasonably be expected to raise the funds for the necessary assistance from income and assets.
Which documents are required?
- Application for health assistance
- Identity card or passport (or other documents that can identify the person beyond doubt)
Information on the documents required in individual cases will be provided by the competent social welfare institution.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.