Integration assistance for the mentally ill
The aim of integration assistance is to avoid an imminent mental disability or to eliminate or mitigate the consequences of a disability. Their participation in community life should be maintained or restored after a long hospital stay or prolonged isolation.
You will find support in coping with daily life. These include in particular:
- financial management
- leisure activities
- the promotion of private contacts and hobbies,
- Visits to offices (preparation and support), unless the task of a legal guardian
The care time is usually designed for a longer period of time and individually designed.
The costs of the benefits are borne by the competent institution for integration assistance if an individual need for support is identified. If necessary, income and assets will be credited.
- You should contact the integration assistance institution responsible for you. There you can ask for advice and support or submit an informal application.
- The competent authority will ask you to fill in a form and submit further documents.
- The authority will carry out a participation and/or overall plan process to determine your individual need for integration assistance.
- Once all documents are available, the competent authority will check on the basis of your information whether or to what extent you will receive integration assistance.
- After reviewing your application, you will receive a notification of approval or rejection.
The institutions responsible for integration assistance are responsible.
- the existence of an actual or imminent mental disability
as well as
- a restriction of participation.
The individual need for support is determined within the framework of a participation and overall plan procedure by the competent institution of integration assistance.
Which documents are required?
An informal application to the competent authority is sufficient. They will ask you to use a form and submit further documents.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The authority to which the application is made must determine within two weeks of receipt of the application whether it is responsible for the application. If the authority is not competent, it shall forward the application without delay.
What else should I know?
Please contact the institution responsible for your integration assistance. You can also contact the social psychiatric service.
Many health insurance companies provide very detailed information on the subject of mental health. In most cases, you will find contacts and applications on the websites that will help you.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.