Intended for deletion - Services for medical rehabilitation according to SGB IX Approval for the prevention of disabilities and chronic illnesses
People with disabilities and people at risk of disability are entitled to medical rehabilitation, or REHA for short.
REHAB serves to avert, eliminate, reduce or compensate for disabilities, including chronic diseases. The rehabilitation measures are intended to improve the quality of life. REHAB helps to avoid restrictions on earning capacity and the need for care. If possible, people can return to or continue to pursue a profession after rehab. They should not be dependent on social benefits.
Medical rehabilitation services include:
• Treatment by doctors, dentists and other health professionals, including guidance on how to develop your own healing powers,
• Early detection and early intervention for children with disabilities and children at risk of disability,
• medicines and dressings,
• Remedies including physical, speech and occupational therapy,
• Stress testing and occupational therapy.
In case of disability or chronic illness:
• Medical, psychological and educational assistance, insofar as these services are necessary in individual cases
• Assistance in coping with illness and disability,
• Aids to the activation of self-help potentials,
• Information and advice to partners and relatives as well as to superiors and colleagues, if the beneficiaries agree,
• Mediation of contacts to local self-help and counselling centres,
• Assistance for mental stabilization and the promotion of social competence, among other things through training of social and communicative skills and in dealing with crisis situations
The responsibility lies with the health insurance companies.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.