For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Certificate according to the Film Funding Act / Certificate of Origin Issue

If you are involved in the production and distribution of German cinema films, you have the option of applying for funding from the German Federal Film Board (FFA). For this you need a certificate according to the German Film Funding Law (FGG).

You apply for the certificate in good time, in the case of international co-productions or international co-financing at least two months before the start of filming at the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) and finally submit your funding application to the FFA.

The certificate serves to confirm that your film meets the requirements of the FFG for recognition as a German film. The FFA decides whether and to what extent you will receive funding.

If you plan to use your film abroad, you may need to present a certificate of origin there. You can also apply for the certificate of origin from the BAFA. It certifies that your film is a German film within the meaning of the FFG.

The same conditions apply to the certificate of origin as to the certificate. If you need a certificate and a certificate of origin, you can apply for both applications at the same time using the same application form.

Note: The FFG is exclusively related to cinema films. In principle, therefore, certificates are only issued for German cinema films.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page