Medical care for mothers and fathers with health insurance
As a measure to prevent illness, health insurance companies offer spa stays. These include:
- Mother-child cures (measure)
- Father-child cures (measure)
Children can travel either for their own treatment or (usually up to the age of 12) as an accompanying person.
As a rule, the health insurance companies select a suitable spa clinic, but take individual wishes into account.
A course of treatment lasts three weeks. You do not need to submit leave to your employer for this time. The permit is valid in the same way as a certificate of incapacity for work.
You coordinate with your family doctor and fill out the application form of the health insurance company together. This is submitted to the health insurance company for approval.
The responsibility lies with the health insurance companies.
For moms and dads:
- Their health is severely weakened. This condition could probably lead to illness in the foreseeable future.
- an illness that has already occurred should not worsen
- The need for long-term care is imminent
For the transport of children:
- You are a parent or guardian
- The child(ren) are also at risk or ill.
- The child(ren) cannot be cared for in any other way.
The child(ren) are still too young to be separated from the parent.
Which documents are required?
The necessary documents are prepared by the attending physician.
What are the fees?
Insured persons aged 18 and over pay a co-payment of 10 euros per day.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.