Supplementary rehabilitation benefits for people with health insurance
Supplementary rehabilitation benefits are granted in whole or in part in addition to medical rehabilitation in order to achieve or secure the rehabilitation goal. These include, for example:
- Patient training for the chronically ill,
- rehabilitation sports and functional training,
- socio-medical aftercare measures for chronically ill or seriously ill children and adolescents.
The services must be medically necessary and medically prescribed.
As a rule:
- Prescription by doctor
- Application to health insurance company
- Decision of the health insurance company
- Commencement of supplementary rehabilitation services
The responsibility lies with the health insurance companies.
The complementary service to rehabilitation
- must be necessary to achieve or secure the goal of rehabilitation.
- Es must have already been or will be provided medical treatment by the health insurance company.
Which documents are required?
- Application for supplementary rehabilitation benefits
- Prescription or opinion of the attending physician
What are the fees?
There are usually no fees. Please contact your health insurance company for more information.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.