Exemption from compulsory insurance in the case of marginal employment
If you are in low-paid employment (450-euro job/mini-job), you are exempt from insurance in this employment. You will not have to pay any contributions for them.
You will have to arrange your health insurance in other ways.
- family insurance through the spouse or parents
- Mini-job as a part-time job: health insurance runs through the main occupation
- Mini-job for recipients of unemployment benefit II: the employment agency may take over the health insurance
- Your employer will register you after the insurance facts have been clarified.
- If you have any questions, please contact your health insurance company.
The responsibility lies with the health insurance companies.
The exemption from compulsory health insurance exists only as long as the reason for the exemption lasts.
For further information, please contact:
- Your health insurance company
- of the Mini-Job Centre
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.