Funding application For project development for full-length children's films Approval
As a producer of a children's film, you can apply for film funding from the BKM in order to implement your project. The funding is awarded as part of the cooperation between the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM) and the Board of Trustees for Young German Film.
If a script is already available, the financing of the project development of a full-length children's film project can be funded.
You can receive the funding as a conditionally repayable, interest-free loan up to an amount of EUR 50,000.
Your project can also be funded in several successive funding levels provided for in accordance with the funding guidelines of the Board of Trustees for Young German Film, for example first for the script, then for project development.
You must submit your funding application in writing and additionally by e-mail:
- Download the application for children's film funding from the website of the Kuratorium junger deutscher Film or the BKM.
- Fill out the application and compile all the necessary documents.
- Send an application and documents in 11 copies to the Federal Archives.
- Send the application and documents as a PDF file by e-mail to the Kuratorium junger deutscher Film (email@example.com).
- The selection committee of the BKM and the Board of Trustees of Young German Film will discuss your application. The board decides on the basis of the vote of the selection committee whether your application is approved or rejected.
- You will then receive a notification of approval or rejection.
If your application has been approved:
- Conclude a funding contract with the Board of Trustees of Young German Film.
- In the case of the film adaptation, you must refer to the funding in the opening credits, credits or both places and display the logos of the Kuratorium junger deutscher Film and the BKM.
- After the film adaptation, you usually have to provide the Board of Trustees with a copy suitable for cinema for archiving and for festivals.
- They grant the Board of Trustees the right to use funded films free of charge as part of a self-presentation alone or in cooperation with third parties.
- You must comply with the blocking periods that apply in accordance with the Film Funding Act when the funding contract is concluded.
- Now start with the project development.
Who should I contact?
Contact person for substantive questions about the procedure and the application:
Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media
Unit K 35f
Potsdamer Platz 1
10785 Berlin, Germany
Postal address for submitting applications:
D-12205 Berlin, Germany
Additional email address for submitting applications:
Board of Trustees of Young German Film
Phone: 0611 602312
As a producer, you can apply for funding if:
- a script is already available, which suggests an extraordinary cinematic quality of the project.
- as a producer, you have your domicile, habitual residence or centre of activity in Germany and
- You will have to pay a reasonable own contribution of at least 20 percent of the recognised production costs.
In addition, your project must meet the following requirements:
exceptional cinematic quality,
"significant German cultural influence" within the meaning of the BKM Film Funding Directive, for example
- Original language German or
- Director and lead producer are resident in Germany or are citizens of an EU country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland
- predominantly German financing and
- the cinema premiere takes place in Germany,
an evaluation in the cinema is to be expected,
They calculate the costs in accordance with industry practice and economically in accordance with the current guidelines for project film funding under the Film Funding Act and
You have not yet started project development at the time of application.
As a public or private broadcaster, you cannot apply for funding.
Which documents are required?
Summary of the film project, no longer than one DIN A4 page,
a brief characterization of the main characters,
information on the target group,
planned measures for the realization and evaluation of the project,
Screenplay or especially in the case of documentary or animated films: another project-appropriate description of the project
Staff list with biography of the producer and biography of the director,
information about your professional career, if applicable previous works of the director and the production company,
Declaration of copyright in substance and title, or
- if you do not have these rights: evidence of the acquisition of these rights or the option to do so,
Calculation of project development,
financing plan for project development,
Preliminary financing plan for total production costs
What are the fees?
- in case of rejection: none
- if approved: administrative fee of 2 percent of the sum allocated. This amount is retained when the loan installments are disbursed. The fee is part of the costs of the funded project.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You must submit the application before starting your project.
As a rule, there are 2 submission deadlines per year. The current dates can be found on the websites of the Kuratorium junger deutscher Film and the BKM. The inbox at the Federal Archives is valid.
It takes about 12 weeks from the application to the decision on your application.
Applications / forms
Online procedure: no
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no
What else should I know?
If the Board of Trustees of Young German Film has already rejected funding for your project, you must revise and change it in essential points for a new funding application. You must then describe these changes in your application. As a rule, resubmission is only possible in the case of production funding for feature films. Exceptions are decided by the Board of Trustees of Young German Film.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Professionally released on