Assistance to health Authorisation for pregnancy and maternity
As a beneficiary of social assistance or basic social security, you will be supported by the social welfare office during pregnancy and maternity if you do not have health insurance. You will receive the normal health insurance benefits:
- Medical treatment and care,
- support from midwives,
- Medicines, bandages and remedies.
If needed, you will receive care in inpatient facilities. If you need care at home and the family cannot take care of it, home care costs will also be covered on a pro rata basis. However, this depends on the level of care.
The following are responsible:
- the social welfare office of the respective local social assistance institution (districts, independent cities and the Hanover region)
- the social welfare office of the municipality belonging to the district or region used by the local social assistance provider,
in which the domicile is located.
Assistance for health is given to persons who do not have statutory or insufficient private health insurance, who are not eligible for the provision of benefits via the health insurance fund (§ 264 Abs. 4 SGB V) and who cannot reasonably be expected to raise the funds for the necessary assistance from income and assets.
Which documents are required?
- Application for health assistance
- Identity card or passport (or other documents that can identify the person beyond doubt)
The competent social assistance institution shall provide information on the documents required in individual cases.
What are the fees?
With the exception of the usual deductibles, there are no costs.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There are no deadlines to be observed.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.