Inland flood protection Funding
With the promotion of flood protection systems and flood plains, flood protection is guaranteed inland. This support measure serves in particular to protect agricultural areas, but the municipalities with their populated areas also benefit from it.
The aim is to protect agricultural production potential by improving the water management infrastructure and flood protection. In addition, the consequences of natural disasters or adverse weather conditions are to be reduced.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Lower Saxony State Agency for Water Management, Coastal Protection and Nature Conservation (NLWKN)
It should be noted, among other things, that the construction and expansion of flood protection facilities as well as the dismantling of dikes are only funded within the framework of a flood protection concept or with corresponding conceptual preparatory work. Area-relevant measures must be discussed in advance with affected property owners.
The following projects are funded:
- new construction and extension of flood protection facilities (especially dikes),
- dismantling of dikes for the reclamation of floodplains,
- Repair of existing pumping stations,
- Concepts, studies and surveys as well as accompanying preparatory and follow-up work in connection with the aforementioned measures (including pure flood protection concepts),
- Planning (e.g. feasibility studies, variant investigations, flood protection plans, approval and implementation planning)
- Consultations with regard to the consideration of flood protection on a river basin basis
Eligible applicants are:
- Corporations under public law
- Legal entities with maintenance obligations on bodies of water
Which documents are required?
Application documents are required. Please contact the competent authority.
What are the fees?
Fees may apply, please contact the competent authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Applications / forms
The application deadlines for applications shall be published on the website of the competent authority.
What else should I know?
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy, Building and Climate Protection (MU)
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.