For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Construction child benefit permit

If you want to buy or build residential property for your family for your own needs, you can apply for a grant under certain conditions.

The construction child benefit is aimed at families with children who want to build or buy a house or apartment and live in it themselves. You can only apply for it if you use the property yourself and do not yet own residential property for permanent use in Germany.

The construction child benefit is paid as a grant:

  • for each child up to 18 years: EUR 1200 per year
  • 10 years

In total, you can receive EUR 12,000 for each child if you have been living continuously in the apartment or house for 10 years. The age of the child at the time of application is important. Even if your child has reached the age of 18 after you apply, you will continue to receive the grant.

It doesn't matter if you want to build new buildings yourself, buy a new building or take over an existing property. It is important, however, that the building permit has been issued from 01.01.2018 or that the purchase contract was concluded on 01.01.2018 at the earliest. In addition, the cost of new construction or purchase (excluding non-employment costs) must be higher than the support from the construction child benefit.

You can also combine the support through the construction child benefit with other support programmes.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page