Apply for a supplement to the severely disabled person's pass with or without a token
If you have a two-colour severely disabled person's ID card with certain marks on it, you can use this application to apply for a supplement and a token.
You can use it either to take advantage of free transport in local passenger transport or a reduction in motor vehicle tax.
In order to be able to use free transport on local public transport, you must purchase a token for half a year or a whole year against payment of a deductible. The deductible does not apply if certain marks are present or certain social benefits are received.
Alternatively, you can apply for a supplement without a token instead in order to receive a reduction in road tax.
For persons with certain marks, there is the possibility to take advantage of both the reduction of the vehicle tax and free transport on public transport with the supplement with a token.
If your supplement is damaged or you have lost it, you can apply for a replacement issue.
After you have submitted the application, your eligibility documents will be checked for a supplement.
If you meet the requirements, the fee you have to pay will be determined and a remittance slip will be sent to you.
The insert with token will be sent to you after payment.
If you meet the requirements for a supplement with a token without a deductible, the supplement with a token will be sent to you immediately.
If you do not meet the requirements, you will receive a negative decision.
- You must have an established degree of disability of at least 50.
- You must have a valid two-tone severely disabled person's pass.
- You must have been awarded at least one of the following marks: G, aG, Bl, H, Gl.
Which documents are required?
- Valid two-colour severely disabled person's ID card including certain marks
- if applicable, proof of receipt of certain social benefits for the exemption from the deductible contribution to the token
What are the fees?
Fee: free of chargeThe supplement is free of charge. The token can be purchased for a deductible for half a year or a whole year. The amount of the deductible is currently €46 for half a year and €91 for a whole year. You will receive the token without deductible if you have been awarded at least one of the marks Bl or H or if you receive certain social benefits as a severely disabled person.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Depending on the receipt of the application. If the month of application is already advanced, the supplement with token will not be issued until the next month.
- In the case of a supplement with a paid token or without a token, approx. a few days
- In the case of a supplement with a gratuitous token, approx. two weeks
- In the event of a refusal, the processing time may vary.
If you receive a negative decision:
What else should I know?
You can request an application form informally from the competent authority by telephone.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.