Recognition of career qualifications in the field of firefighting
If you have evidence of formal qualifications confirming your professional qualification in the field of firefighting in your country of origin, these can be recognised as qualifications for a career in the fire service. You can then be appointed as a civil servant.
The application and the supporting documents can be submitted to the competent authority in paper form or electronically as a scan in the online procedure for professional recognition.
Who should I contact?
The responsibility lies with the Lower Saxony Ministry of the Interior and Sport.
- If you are a citizen of an EU member state or of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, you can apply.
- The decision is made in accordance with §§ 35 – 42 of the Lower Saxony Career Ordinance (NLVO) of 30.3.2009 Lower Saxony Law and Ordinance Gazette (Nds. GVBl.) p. 118, last amended by Act of 30.3.2014, Lower Saxony Law and Ordinance Gazette (Nds. GVBl). S.
Which documents are required?
- Application stating the desired activity in the public service,
- tabular presentation of the professional career,
- Proof of nationality,
- certificates of competence and training,
- Proof of the content and duration of the training, whereby the evidence must show the requirements that led to the attainment of the degree,
- a certificate from the country of origin stating the profession to which the professional qualification certificates in the fire brigade entitle the holder to practise their profession,
- certificates stating the nature and duration of the activity in a subject area for which they have obtained the evidence of formal qualifications,
- certificates or documents from the country of origin and the country of origin stating that criminal offences, serious professional misconduct and other circumstances calling into question the suitability of the applicant are not known,
- Declaration as to whether and how an application for recognition has been decided by another authority of the Federal Republic of Germany.
The application must be submitted in German. A copy of certificates and documents must be submitted together with a copy of a certified translation.
What are the fees?
Fees may apply, please contact the competent authority.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of the Interior and Sport
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.