For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens - Service Finder

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Child surcharge payment

Parents and single parents can receive a child supplement for their unmarried children under 25 years of age if they live in a common household.

The amount of the child supplement depends on the income and assets of the parents and children and amounts to a maximum of 170 euros per month per child since 01.01.2017. It is not possible to receive unemployment benefit II at the same time.

Recipients of the Child Supplement may also receive education and participation benefits for their children.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page