Apply for recognition as a mine surveyor with a professional qualification from abroad
The profession of mine surveyor is regulated in Germany. This means that you must prove a certain qualification in order to be allowed to work in the profession. If you have a foreign professional qualification as a mine surveyor, you can work in this profession in the chosen federal state under certain conditions. To do this, you must submit an application with all the necessary documents to the competent state authority.
The competent state authority for mining compares your professional qualification from abroad with the professional qualification in the selected federal state and makes a determination of equivalence.
You will receive feedback after your application has been reviewed. If your professional qualification is equivalent and you meet all other requirements, you will receive recognition as a mine surveyor. If you lack professional qualifications for recognition, the notification will state the main differences. You can then take a compensatory measure.
You can submit the application for recognition of your professional qualification as a mine surveyor to the competent state authority. You must submit all the necessary documents in the form of copies to the competent authority.
The competent authority then checks: Is your professional qualification equivalent to the professional qualification in your federal state? For example, the content of the training and the duration of the training are important for the comparison. The competent authority shall also take into account your professional experience, other qualifications and qualifications.
The competent authority then examines the further requirements. If your professional qualification is equivalent and you meet all other requirements, your professional qualification will be recognised. You will then be allowed to work as a mine surveyor in the federal state.
If the competent authority cannot determine equivalence, you will receive a notification explaining the essential differences. In order to compensate for significant differences, you can take an adaptation period or an aptitude test. If you successfully complete the compensatory measure and meet the other requirements, you will receive recognition.
Who should I contact?
Point of contact: There are many counselling services. These can be found on the Recognition in Germany portal. Let an IQ counselling centre advise you personally on this procedure and your qualifications. The advisors will also help you with your documents before submitting your application. The consultation is free of charge. You can also call the hotline of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees. The hotline will answer your questions on the subject of "Working and living in Germany"
- Equivalence of your professional qualification
In order to be recognised as a mine surveyor, you must meet other requirements in addition to the equivalence of your professional qualification:
- Personal suitability: You are reliable for working as a mine surveyor.
- Health suitability: You are healthily suitable for working as a mine surveyor.
Which documents are required?
- in German, a tabular list of the training courses completed and the gainful employment carried out
- Proof of identity
- Evidence of formal qualifications acquired abroad
- evidence of relevant professional experience and other evidence of formal qualifications required to establish the equivalence of professional qualifications
- If applicable, a certificate of entitlement to practise the profession in the country of training
- in German, a declaration as to whether and to which office an application has already been submitted and, if applicable, the decision
- a medical certificate to prove health suitability, on request a certificate from a health authority
- a declaration that a certificate of good conduct in accordance with § 30 of the Federal Central Register Act has been applied for at the registration office for submission to the state office
- a declaration of the respective address of the existing or planned workspaces.
If your documents are not available in German, you must submit German translations of your documents. Translations must be carried out by translators who are publicly appointed or authorised.
What are the fees?
Fees may apply, please contact the competent authority.
3 months from receipt of all necessary documents.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No, Written form required: Yes, Informal application possible: Yes, Personal appearance required: No, Online service available.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Transport, Building and Digitalization, State Office for Mining, Energy and Geology
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.