For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Foreign professional qualification Recognition as a social pedagogue (B.A.) /Social Pedagogue (B.A.)

If you want to work in Germany as a social pedagogue (B.A.) / social pedagogue (B.A.) or as a social worker (B.A.) / social worker (B.A.), you usually need the corresponding state recognition in the form of the authorization to use the professional title "Staatlich anerkannte Sozialpädagogin (B.A.)" or "Staatlich anerkannter Sozialpädagoge B.A.) / "State-approved social worker (B.A)" "State-approved social worker (B.A.)".

Social work is a regulated profession. Even with a relevant undergraduate university degree obtained abroad, you can apply for state recognition in Germany.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page