For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Foreign professional qualification Recognition as a specialist

If you want to work as a specialist in Germany, you need the recognition of the specialist designation by the competent body. You can also apply for recognition of the specialist doctor's degree in Germany with a specialist degree obtained abroad.

Further information can also be found in the service "Approval as a doctor/doctor grant for persons from other EU countries".

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page