Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Foreign professional qualification Recognition

If you acquired your professional qualification abroad and want to work in your profession in Germany, you can or must have your foreign qualification recognised depending on the profession.

This applies to the following regulated professions:

  • Architect
  • Specialist
  • Heilerziehungspflegerin/Heilerziehungspfleger
  • Pharmacist
  • Educator
  • Specialist dentist
  • Curative Teacher BA/Curative Teacher BA
  • Remedial teacher
  • Teacher
  • Social Worker BA/Social Worker BA
  • Social Pedagogue BA/Social Pedagogue BA
  • Road attendant
  • Engineer
  • Markscheiderin/Markscheider
  • Socio-pedagogical assistant
  • Veterinarian
  • Veterinary Technical Assistant
  • University lecturer
  • Paramedic
  • Probation officer


For more information, please click on the corresponding service.

In addition to the regulated professions mentioned above, there are also others that are regulated by a federal law. Information here can be found in the benefit for the recognition of foreign professional qualifications according to federal law.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)