For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Foreign professional qualification Recognition

If you have acquired your professional qualification abroad and want to work in Germany in your profession, you can or must have your foreign degree recognised according to your profession.

This applies to the following regulated professions:

  • Architect
  • Specialist
  • Healing nurse
  • Pharmacist
  • Educator
  • Specialist dentist
  • Healing pedagogue BA/Heilpädagoge BA
  • Healing pedagogue
  • Teacher/Teacher
  • Social worker BA/Social worker BA
  • Social pedagogue BA/Social Pedagogue BA
  • Street warden/street warden
  • Engineer
  • Markscheiderin/Markscheider
  • Social assistant (focus on social pedagogy)/Social assistant (focus on social pedagogy)
  • Veterinarian
  • Veterinary Technical Assistant/Veterinary Technical Assistant
  • University teacher
  • Paramedics
  • Probation officer/probation officer


For more information, please click on the corresponding service.

In addition to the aforementioned regulated professions, there are also other ones that are regulated by a federal law. Information herez can be found in the performance for the recognition of foreign professional qualifications in accordance with federal law.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page