For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Permission to sell goods at fairs, festivals and special occasions

If you would like to offer goods for immediate sale on the occasion of a trade fair or exhibition, a market (e.B. fair, Christmas market, etc.), as part of public events or festivals (e.B. municipal festival, shooting festival, inauguration parties, etc.) or in the context of another comparable event, you do not need a travel trade card if you have permission from the responsible authority for this. A permit is sufficient, which you must apply for at the competent authority. If you already have a travel trade card, this is sufficient. In this case, you no longer need additional permission to sell on the occasion of such an event.

After applying for a permit, the competent authority decides whether it agrees to your application to sell the goods. The competent authority grants permission for a specific location and for a specific event, i.e. for a limited period.

Permission is not transferable. It does not replace any other permits and permits that may have to be obtained from other authorities (e.B. road or road traffic permits – special use permits).

In certain cases, you do not need a travel trade card or any other trade permit for the sale of goods at the above-mentioned events. This applies to the following cases:

  • They sell self-derivet products from agriculture, forestry, vegetables, fruit and
  • Horticulture, poultry farming and beekeeping as well as hunting and fishing.
  • You sell goods in the municipality where you are registered with your place of residence or in which you have registered your commercial establishment. However, this exception only applies if the municipality has no more than 10,000 inhabitants.
  • They sell milk and, if necessary, additional milk products (e.B yoghurt, kefir, butter, cheese, etc.) and still have a permit under the Milk and Margarine Act.
  • They sell food or other everyday goods from a sales cart or a sales stand ("mobile shop") and do so outside of fixed markets (e.B. weekly markets) at regular, shorter intervals always in the same place.
  • They sell printed works on public roads, streets, squares or other public places. According to the Press Act, the term printed works includes writings, discussed sound carriers (e.B. cassettes and other data carriers), pictorial representations with and without writing, image carriers (video cassettes and other data carriers) and music (printed products with sheet music) with text and explanations. For the sale of corresponding products at the front door, however, you need a permit.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page