For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Residence permit: grant - for the pursuit of a highly qualified job

Nationals of a non-EU country can apply for the EU Blue Card , also known as the EU Blue Card , for the purpose of exercising a highly qualified job in Germany (residence permit for a highly qualified job).

An EU Blue Card can be applied for by a non-EU national if:

  • has a German, a recognised foreign or a foreign university degree comparable to a German university degree, and
  • has a specific job offer or has reached an already signed or existing employment contract and thus at least a certain gross salary

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page