Relief amount for the costs of additional care services for persons insured with long-term care
People in need of care at home are entitled to a relief amount of up to 125 euros per month (i.e. a total of up to 1,500 euros per year). This also applies to those in need of care at care level 1. The amount is to be earmarked for quality-assured services to relieve the burden on family caregivers and to promote the independence and self-determination of those in need of care in shaping their everyday lives.
If the monthly benefit amount has not been fully exhausted in a calendar month, the remaining amount will be carried over to the following calendar months. Benefit amounts that have not yet been used at the end of the calendar year can still be carried over until the end of the following calendar half-year.
The amount can be used for
- day or night care services,
- short-term care services,
- services provided by approved care services (in care levels 2 to 5, but not for services in the area of self-care) or
- Services provided by services recognised under state law for support in everyday life.
You must apply for the relief amount from the long-term care insurance fund.
The responsibility lies with the respective long-term care insurance fund.
For people in need of care in home care from care level 1.
Which documents are required?
In order to receive reimbursement for the expenses incurred, supporting documents must be submitted to the long-term care insurance fund or the private insurance company with which the person in need of care is insured. The supporting documents submitted and the application for reimbursement of costs must show the following:
- in connection with which of the above-mentioned services (day or night care services, short-term care services, outpatient care services or/and services recognized under state law for support in everyday life) the persons in need of care have incurred personal burdens and
- the amount of costs incurred for this purpose to be reimbursed from the relief amount.
As far as day or night care or short-term care services are concerned, it is in line with the practice of the long-term care insurance funds that parts of the costs incurred in connection with these services for accommodation and meals can also be reimbursed from the relief amount.
Please ask your long-term care insurance company which documents are required and whether there is a special application form.
What are the fees?
The application is free of charge.
Fee: free of chargeApplication
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality
Professionally released on
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.