For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

For Citizens

Enter your place of residence or the place where you would like to contact the administration or use the location determination.

Journeyman examination: Admission to the external examination

You can also be admitted to the journeyman examination if you have worked at least one and a half times the prescribed training period in the profession in which you wish to take the examination.

Periods of employment are also considered to be periods of training in another relevant training occupation. Proof of the minimum time may be waived in whole or in part. To do so, you must demonstrate, by presenting certificates or otherwise, that you have acquired the necessary professional capacity.

Foreign educational qualifications and periods of professional activity abroad are taken into account.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)

Top of the Page