Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Meppen (497...)

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Report loss of weapons, ammunition or permit certificates requiring a permit

If you have lost weapons, ammunition or permits, such as a weapon possession card or permission to take them with you, you must report this immediately.

They must report the loss of all firearms permits. Weapons permits include:

Weapon possession card, hunting license, ammunition acquisition license, firearms license, small firearms license, shooting permit, European firearms pass, replacement certificate for WBK, other permit certificates (movement permit, etc.).

You can also indicate the loss of several weapons/ammunition and permits in an advertisement.

If you indicate that you have lost permits, you should also apply for replacement documents to be issued to you with the notification.

In addition, you must report to the police that you have lost weapons and permits.

If you find the weapons and permits, you must report this to the competent weapons authority. You must return any replacement documents that may have been issued.

To be able to fill out the ad more quickly, you can use the NWR identification numbers (NWR ID):

  • Your PersonalNWR ID (P or F-NWR ID) for the information about you
  • the permitNWR-ID for the firearms permit (E-NWR-ID)
  • the weapons or weapon part NWR ID (W or T-NWR ID).

You can obtain the NWR IDs upon application to the competent weapons authority.

Process flow

You can report the loss of weapons, ammunition or permits in writing or online.

If you want to report the loss in writing:

  • You fill out the form that you receive from the responsible weapons authority.
  • You send the signed form to the responsible weapons authority.
  • You can also visit the responsible weapons authority in person.

If you want to report the loss online:

You submit the complaint via the online service of the responsible weapons authority.

Who should I contact?

Weapons Authority



Which documents are required?

  • Identity card or passport (copy)

What are the fees?

Fee: free of charge

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

You must report the loss immediately.

Applications / forms

Forms Available: Yes

Written form required: Yes

Informal application possible: No

Personal appearance required: No


Action for an obligation before the Administrative Court

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of the Interior and Sports

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Data protection information

Landkreis Emsland
Address: Ordeniederung 1 , 49716 Meppen
Postal address: Post Office Box 15 62 , 49705 Meppen
Telephone: 05931 44-0
Fax: 05931 44-3621
Transport Connection:
Station Haltestelle Kreishaus
Bus: 993

Building Access
elevator available, wheelchair-accessible
bank account:
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Emsländische Volksbank
IBAN: DE26266600600120050000
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Sparkasse Emsland
IBAN: DE39266500010000001339
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Postbank Hannover
IBAN: DE36250100300012132306


Marc-André Burgdorf
responsible for:
Bernd Otten (Datenschutzbeauftragter)
Telephone: 05931 44-1605
Fax: 05931 44-391605
responsible for:

Stadt Meppen
Address: Markt 43, 49716 Meppen
Telephone: 05931 153
Fax: 05931 153-5253
Opening Hours:
Mon to Wed: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Registry Office Meppen Monday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (afternoons by appointment only) Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Department of Labour and Social Affairs Monday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and by appointment

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)