Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Nordhümmling

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Report a change in your professional situation to the Artists' Social Insurance Fund

As a person who is self-employed as an artist or journalist, you are generally subject to compulsory insurance in the statutory pension, health and long-term care insurance through the artists' social insurance.

However, only if there are no certain exceptions or if you are primarily insured elsewhere. If there is a fundamental change in your professional situation, you must inform the Artists' Social Insurance Fund (KSK) immediately.

Examples of professional circumstances that may have an impact on your existing insurance obligation with the KSK:

  • Dependent employment
  • Unemployment benefits
  • Other self-employed activities or business income
  • Investments in companies
  • Activities in agriculture
  • Commencement of studies
  • Federal Voluntary Service/Military Service

In addition, there are other professional circumstances that affect the insurance relationship in the artists' social insurance.

For detailed advice, please contact the KSK directly.

Process flow

You can report a change in your professional conditions in writing.

  • First of all, check whether there is a notification form for your change on the website of the Artists' Social Insurance Fund.
  • If there is a notification form, fill it out as a PDF and print it out.
  • If there is no notification form, please inform us of the change informally.
  • If applicable, attach copies of supporting documents of the change to your notification.
  • Send everything together to the KSK.
  • Answer any queries as soon as possible.
  • Depending on the type of change, you may receive written confirmation of the change.


  • In principle, they must be subject to compulsory insurance or entitled to subsidies in the artists' social insurance.
  • In addition, you have, for example,
    • takes up, terminates or extends an employee's employment,
    • receive an approval, extension, cancellation or termination of unemployment benefit or unemployment benefit II,
    • has taken up or terminated another self-employed activity above the marginal income threshold,
    • has taken up or terminated an activity as a farmer or craftsman,
    • enrols or exmatriculates as a student,
    • has taken up or terminated an activity as a civil servant,
    • has started a prison sentence,
    • has taken up or terminated an activity within the framework of the Federal Voluntary Service/Military Service.

Which documents are required?

  • depending on the type of change
  • please note the information on the respective notification form

What are the fees?

There are no costs for you.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Please inform us immediately of the change in your professional situation.

Processing duration

Depending on the workload, usually 4 weeks.


  • Contradiction. If there is a change with legal implications, please refer to the notice for detailed information on how to file an objection.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

competent Bodies

Address: Gökerstraße 14 , 26384 Wilhelmshaven
Telephone: 0180 57 52 25 5
Telephone: 04421 7543-586
Fax: 04421 7543-711

Data protection information

Landkreis Emsland
Address: Ordeniederung 1 , 49716 Meppen
Postal address: Post Office Box 15 62 , 49705 Meppen
Telephone: 05931 44-0
Fax: 05931 44-3621
Transport Connection:
Station Haltestelle Kreishaus
Bus: 993

Building Access
elevator available, wheelchair-accessible
bank account:
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Emsländische Volksbank
IBAN: DE26266600600120050000
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Sparkasse Emsland
IBAN: DE39266500010000001339
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Postbank Hannover
IBAN: DE36250100300012132306


Marc-André Burgdorf
responsible for:
Bernd Otten (Datenschutzbeauftragter)
Telephone: 05931 44-1605
Fax: 05931 44-391605
responsible for:

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)