Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Nordhümmling

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Report your stay abroad to the Artists' Social Insurance Fund

You are insured in the German social insurance system if you live and work within the Federal Republic of Germany.

If you move your place of residence or work abroad, the Artists' Social Insurance Fund must check your insurance.

To ensure that your insurance cover is guaranteed and that you can take out additional international insurance if necessary, you should clarify this question before you move, start your trip or work abroad.

Process flow

You can inform the Artists' Social Insurance Fund about your stay abroad online or by post.

Online communication:

  • Access the online form on the Federal Portal This will guide you step by step through the necessary information, which you can enter electronically.
  • Note: For the online form, you need a valid ELSTER certificate to register. Alternatively, you can use your electronic identity document.
  • You will need about 20 minutes to complete the online application.
  • First, enter your personal details, including your insurance number. You can find these on the letters from the artists' social security fund at the top right.
  • On the next page, select your request.
  • With the selection you will receive general information about your request.
  • Then enter the details of your stay abroad and upload any necessary documents.

Notification by post:

  • Fill out the PDF form "Notification of a stay abroad" on the website of the Artists' Social Insurance Fund.
  • Please also include your insurance number. You can find these on the letters from the artists' social security fund at the top right.
  • Print out the completed PDF form.
  • Sign the PDF form and attach the required documents.
  • Please refer to the information in the PDF form to find out which documents are specifically required.
  • Send everything together to the artists' social security fund.

After receiving your notification, the Artists' Social Insurance Fund will check your details and inform you by post whether and, if so, how your insurance status will change.

If there are any questions or further documents are required, the Artists' Social Insurance Fund will also contact you by post.

Please note:

If you receive a request to report your stay abroad to other offices, please do so immediately.


You are currently subject to compulsory insurance or entitled to subsidies through the Artists' Social Insurance Fund and intend to move your place of residence or work abroad or are already abroad.

Which documents are required?

  • Completed online application or PDF form "Notification of a stay abroad"
  • Proof of your stay abroad, depending on the type of stay abroad, for example:
    • Contract documents
    • Travel documents such as flight tickets or similar
    • Registration certificate from the Residents' Registration Office
    • Deciding on your insurance status from
      • your health insurance company or
      • of the German Liaison Office for Health Insurance – Abroad (DVKA)

What are the fees?

There are no costs.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Inform the Artists' Social Insurance Fund of your stay abroad as soon as it has been determined. In any case, however, before the start of your stay abroad.

Applications / forms


  • Contradiction.
    Not all stays abroad have legal implications. If there is a stay abroad with legal implications, you can find detailed information on how to file an objection in the notice of the Artists' Social Insurance Fund.

What else should I know?

There are no clues or special features.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

competent Bodies

Address: Gökerstraße 14 , 26384 Wilhelmshaven
Telephone: 0180 57 52 25 5
Telephone: 04421 7543-586
Fax: 04421 7543-711

Data protection information

Landkreis Emsland
Address: Ordeniederung 1 , 49716 Meppen
Postal address: Post Office Box 15 62 , 49705 Meppen
Telephone: 05931 44-0
Fax: 05931 44-3621
Transport Connection:
Station Haltestelle Kreishaus
Bus: 993

Building Access
elevator available, wheelchair-accessible
bank account:
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Emsländische Volksbank
IBAN: DE26266600600120050000
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Sparkasse Emsland
IBAN: DE39266500010000001339
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Postbank Hannover
IBAN: DE36250100300012132306


Marc-André Burgdorf
responsible for:
Bernd Otten (Datenschutzbeauftragter)
Telephone: 05931 44-1605
Fax: 05931 44-391605
responsible for:

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)