Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Nordhümmling

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Apply for parenting help

In every family there are quarrels from time to time. Quarrel between parents or between parents and children. If the quarrels occur more and more often, it is a great burden. Parents and children sometimes need support. Educational aids provide this support. Help for upbringing is the name for various offers of help in case of problems and in crisis situations of families.

If you would like to receive help from the Youth Welfare Office, you must contact them. The help is not an obligation, but an offer. The first step is often a consultation with the Youth Welfare Office. There you can explain your problem. The staff can give you suggestions on how to solve the problem.

Children, adolescents or young adults can also get help from the Youth Welfare Office on their own. Parents don't need to know about it if the young people don't want it.

The educational aids are based on the interests and needs of the child or young person. The basis for the grant is the assistance plan procedure. In the assistance plan procedure, the guardians, the children or young people and the Youth Welfare Office are involved.

There are different types of educational aids:

  • A pedagogue advises and supports parents on parenting issues (educational counselling).
  • A pedagogical concept in a group is intended to promote the social development of older children and adolescents (social group work).
  • A socio-pedagogical specialist tries to help children or young people (educational assistance).
  • Children get help if their parents have a mental illness.
  • Promotion of the independence of the child or young person while maintaining the connection to the family (care assistant).
  • Caring for and caring for a child in an emergency situation. For example, the child can be placed in a foster family or in an inpatient youth welfare facility for a certain period of time (home education, assisted living or intensive socio-pedagogical individual care).
  • For children and young people with mental disabilities, there is also integration assistance (which is not part of the educational aid). Of course, they are also entitled to educational assistance. Assistance and integration assistance may be granted simultaneously or in combination.

Who should I contact?

the local youth welfare office


Educational assistance can be considered if it is clear that it helps the children or young people concerned and without it an education that is in the best interests of the child or young person cannot be guaranteed.

An important prerequisite for the success of the service is your willingness to accept help and to work on change.

What are the fees?

The costs shall be borne by the competent authority.

In the case of educational assistance in partial or full inpatient form, cost contributions may be charged.

What else should I know?

There is a legal entitlement to educational assistance. In addition to parents and children, others can also make use of these aids, such as a guardian or caregivers of the child.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Labour, Health and Equality


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Data protection information

Landkreis Emsland
Address: Ordeniederung 1 , 49716 Meppen
Postal address: Post Office Box 15 62 , 49705 Meppen
Telephone: 05931 44-0
Fax: 05931 44-3621
Transport Connection:
Station Haltestelle Kreishaus
Bus: 993

Building Access
elevator available, wheelchair-accessible
bank account:
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Emsländische Volksbank
IBAN: DE26266600600120050000
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Sparkasse Emsland
IBAN: DE39266500010000001339
recipients: Landkreis Emsland
bank: Postbank Hannover
IBAN: DE36250100300012132306


Marc-André Burgdorf
responsible for:
Bernd Otten (Datenschutzbeauftragter)
Telephone: 05931 44-1605
Fax: 05931 44-391605
responsible for:

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)