Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Legal aid: granting

Every citizen is entitled to help to exercise his or her rights. Those who are unable to raise the necessary financial resources for personal and economic reasons have the option of applying for legal aid.

Advisory assistance is provided in the following areas of law:

  • Civil law (tenancy law, traffic accidents, family law, etc.)
  • Administrative law
  • Constitutional law
  • Criminal law, administrative offence law
  • Labour and social law

Process flow

If the application has been approved by the Legal Claims Office and the matter cannot be dealt with directly by the district court, a certificate of eligibility for advisory assistance will be issued, with which one can visit a lawyer.

If a lawyer is consulted first, he can also subsequently apply for the approval of advisory assistance by the district court.

Who should I contact?

The jurisdiction lies with the district court or lawyer.

Which documents are required?

Documents may be required. Please contact the competent authority.

What are the fees?

Fee: free of charge
by district court

Fee: 10,00 EUR
Payment in advance: No
by lawyer

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.

What else should I know?

Further information can be found on the Lower Saxony State Justice Portal.

Technically approved by

Ministry of Justice of Lower Saxony


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

competent Bodies

Amtsgericht Osnabrück
Address: Kollegienwall 29-31 , 49074 Osnabrück
Telephone: 0541 315-0

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)