Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Apply for subsidies for the training and employment of people with disabilities at the Employment Agency

Training allowances for people with disabilities and severely disabled persons or persons with an equivalent disability.

As a rule, they receive the training allowance continuously for the entire duration of the training or further education.

The amount of the subsidy is determined individually and depends on the type and severity of the disabilities as well as the effect of the disabilities on the training or further education.

The allowance is paid monthly and amounts to up to 60 percent, and in the case of severely disabled persons or persons with equivalent disabilities up to 80 percent, of the monthly training allowance for the last year of training or continuing education, in each case including the employer's flat-rate share of the overall social security contribution. In justified exceptional cases, subsidies can be provided up to the amount of the training remuneration for the last year of training or further training.

All company measures that involve and focus on the vocational training or qualification of people with disabilities or severely disabled people are eligible for funding. This also includes, for example, dual courses of study if they include a vocational qualification in accordance with the Vocational Training Act.

Your employment agency decides whether you can receive the subsidy for training allowance. There is no legal entitlement to a subsidy.

Integration allowance following initial or further training

If you hire a severely disabled person after a training or further education program that has been funded and completed with a training subsidy, the Employment Agency can pay you an integration subsidy.

The integration subsidy amounts to up to 70 percent of the wage and can be paid for 1 year.

However, the specific amount is at the discretion of the Employment Agency.

The responsible agency is the employment agency in whose district the employee lives at the start of the training or further education relationship or the employment relationship.

Process flow

You can apply for both the training allowance and the integration allowance following training or continuing education in writing, in person or by telephone:

  • Contact your personal contact at the employer service of your employment agency. There you will receive the forms to fill out and instructions on the application procedure.
  • Complete the application in full and submit it to the employment agency with all the required documents.
  • You can also fill out the documents online.
  • The Employment Agency will review your application.
  • You will then receive a decision as to whether your application has been approved or rejected.

You can also apply for the integration subsidy online:

  • Go to the "eServices" portal on the Federal Employment Agency's website.
  • Log in with your user ID and call up the application.
  • Fill out the application, upload the required documents and submit the application.
  • Your employment agency will review your application and documents. You will receive a notification of the decision on your application.

Who should I contact?

You can find the office of the Federal Employment Agency responsible for you using the office finder.

Competent authority

You can find the office of the Federal Employment Agency responsible for you using the office finder.


The prerequisite for the subsidy of the training allowance is,

  • that training or further training cannot be achieved without this subsidy,
  • that there is a suitability for the desired training or further training occupation,
  • that there is a signed training or further training contract with the company,
  • that training allowance, wage or salary is paid,
  • in the case of people with disabilities, the Federal Employment Agency is the responsible rehabilitation agency.

The prerequisite for the integration allowance is,

  • that there is an employment contract following successfully completed in-company training or further training, and
  • that this training or further training was supported by a training grant for severely disabled persons.

Which documents are required?

  • Signed training or continuing education contract (in the case of training allowance subsidy)
  • Signed employment contract (in case of integration subsidy)
  • Entry in the register of apprenticeships (in the case of training)
  • If applicable, severely disabled person's ID card
  • If applicable, notice of degree of disability and/or equal opportunity notice
  • Proof of completed training or further training (in the case of integration subsidy)

What are the fees?


What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

You must apply for the training grant before you have concluded the training or further education contract.

You must apply for the integration grant before the person you will employ starts work.

Applications / forms

Forms available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes


Appeal to the employment agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to file an appeal can be found in the respective notice.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

competent Bodies

Landkreis Emsland - Fachbereich Arbeit
Address: Ordeniederung 1 , 49716 Meppen
Postal address: Post Office Box 15 62 , 49705 Meppen
Telephone: 05931 44-0
Fax: 05931 44-3621
Transport Connection:
Station Haltestelle Kreishaus
Bus: 993

Building Access
elevator available, wheelchair-accessible


Telephone: 05931 44-0
responsible for:

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)