Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Dismantling measurement

Do you want to subdivide your parcel of land or have you reached an agreement with a landowner on the purchase of a partial area? Then you can apply here for a subdivision survey.

During the demarcation survey, the new sections are determined and, if desired, documented by marking (e.g. with boundary stones) on site. Boundary points of an existing boundary that cannot be found can also be determined and marked on application.

After the demarcation survey, the results are entered in the real estate cadastre. The responsible land registry office prepares a continuation certificate in which it documents the changes in the real estate cadastre (e.g. location, size and description of the parcels). This record is automatically transmitted to the land registry. On request, an extract is sent to the notary responsible for notarizing any land transactions.

Under certain conditions, it is also possible to define new parcel boundaries without a local survey. This procedure is called Sonderung. In order to clarify whether a separation is possible in your case, you must always seek advice in advance.

Process flow

If necessary, existing parcel boundaries are determined, new parcel boundaries are defined by mutual agreement and existing boundary points are established upon request. If desired, established and determined boundary points are marked with boundary markers (marked off).

In the case of existing boundaries of a parcel of land, the property neighbors must be involved. In addition to the other parties involved, they are given the opportunity to comment on the facts relevant to the decision in the boundary determination and demarcation procedure at a hearing.

The parties involved (property owners, purchasers, property neighbors) are notified of the boundary determination and demarcation.

The results of the hearing and the administrative acts of boundary determination and demarcation are recorded in an official boundary document and archived permanently.

After evaluation of the demarcation survey, the results (including the parcel number and parcel area) are entered in the property register. The parcel is now entered as an independent parcel. Depreciation and transfer in the land registers can now take place.

Who should I contact?

The survey or separation can be carried out

  • by the locally responsible cadastral office of the Lower Saxony State Office for Geoinformation and Land Surveying (LGLN) or
  • by a publicly appointed surveyor licensed in Lower Saxony (ÖbVI).

The entry of the results of the survey in the land register is generally carried out by the land registry office.


You can submit an application for a parcel survey if you are

  • the owner of a parcel of land,
  • a person with hereditary building rights,
  • a person with power of attorney (authorized) or the consent of the owner or the person entitled to inherit, or
  • an authority in the performance of its duties


The assumption of costs must be clearly stated.
Applicants are liable for the costs if the person bearing the costs is not available.

Which documents are required?

In the event that the person submitting the application is not the parcel owner or a person entitled to inherit:

  • Informal power of attorney if authorized by the parcel owner or a person entitled to inherit.

In the event that the applicant is not the cost bearer:

  • Informal confirmation of assumption of the costs.

What are the fees?

The survey is subject to a fee. The costs are based on the cost regulations for official surveying(KOVerm). These cost regulations are binding for the regional directorates and for the publicly appointed surveyors.

The costs depend on

  • on the number of old and new boundary points established in the locality,
  • on the number of newly created parcels,
  • the land value (market value) at the time of completion of the service and
  • expenses such as boundary stones, kilometers driven, travel costs of employees.

As these factors can change in the course of a survey, it is not possible to provide an exact cost estimate at the time of application. Only a non-binding cost estimate can be made on the basis of the information provided in the application in consultation with the applicant.

The costs for three new boundary points, one newly created parcel and a land value of between €10/m² and €200/m² amount to around €3,100. This also includes the fee for the necessary entry in the real estate register.

A comparable separation costs around €1,500.

In order to clarify whether a separation is possible in your case, you must seek advice in advance. No consultation is necessary if the new boundary can be clearly determined in another way (e.g. 12 m parallel to the side of the building).

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

The parties involved must be invited at least one week before the local survey.

After notification of the results of the survey and entry of the results in the real estate register, the deadline for the parties involved to lodge an appeal is one month.

Processing duration

Due to deadlines for summonses and appeals, the processing time is usually two to three months.

Applications / forms

Forms available: No

Written form required: Yes

Informal application possible: Yes

Personal appearance necessary: No

Online services available: Yes

Online service:Contacting the responsible land registry office for a surveying service

Technically approved by

Ministry of the Interior and Sport (MI), Department 44


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

competent Bodies

Niedersächsisches Landesamt für Geoinformation und Landesvermessung Niedersachsen (LGLN) - Regionaldirektion Oldenburg-Cloppenburg - Katasteramt Oldenburg

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)