Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Wohnberechtigungsschein: Issuance

You need a Wohnberechtigungsschein (WBS) to move into apartments that have been subsidised under the state housing programmes on the basis of the Housing Acts or the Housing Promotion Act. In the case of subsidized apartments, the landlord is bound to a maximum rent. The WBS only entitles the holder to move into the apartments in principle, but it does not constitute an "allocation of apartments".

The housing entitlement certificates issued in Lower Saxony are in principle only valid within this federal state. The validity period of a housing entitlement certificate is 1 year.

An essential prerequisite for the issuance of the Wohnberechtigungsschein is that the applicant and his household members comply with certain income limits.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the housing and social welfare offices of the districts, the district-free cities, the large independent cities and the independent municipalities.

Which documents are required?

  • Identity card or passport
  • Proof of income of the applicant and members of the household
  • if applicable, birth certificate(s) of the child(s)
  • If applicable , severely disabled person's pass
  • if applicable , marriage certificate

What are the fees?

The exhibition as well as the rejection of a WBS are generally subject to a fee.

Commissions and brokerage fees are not permitted for apartments subject to occupancy.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)