Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Reporting obligation

If you move into an apartment or move out of an apartment, you must register or deregister with the competent office within 2 weeks. If you move domestically, you do not need to deregister.

The obligation to register exists regardless of whether the person subject to the obligation to register is entitled to use the apartment (e.g. squatting) or whether he or she has a residence permit that may be required.

Apartment is any enclosed space used for living or sleeping. Apartments are also weekend houses, shared accommodation, rooms in subletting and pure sleeping places, which are used at least occasionally for living or sleeping. Size and texture are not important.

If there is more than one apartment, one of them is the main residence, the others are secondary dwellings.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the municipality, the Joint Community and the city in which you have your residence.

Which documents are required?

  • Landlord's certificate

What are the fees?

There are no fees.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

If you move into an apartment, you must register with the competent authority within 2 weeks.


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)