Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Modification of a plant requiring a permit in accordance with the Federal Immission Control Act (BImSchG) Approval for modification relevant to major accidents

Do you operate a plant that requires a permit under immission control law that represents an operating area or is part of an operating area, and are planning to make changes to the plant that are relevant to major accidents?

If the change relevant to the accident

  • the appropriate safety distance to neighbouring protected objects is undercut for the first time,
  • the safety distance that has already been undercut is spatially even further undercut, or
  • a significant increase in risk is triggered

To do this, you must submit an application for a change permit and submit all the necessary documents for the assessment. The application can be made in writing or electronically.

However, approval is not required if and to the extent that the obligation to maintain the appropriate safety distance is already guaranteed by binding specifications at the level of a spatially significant plan or measure.

What are the fees?

The fees vary depending on the time required. However, a minimum of 1500 euros will be charged.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

There is no deadline.


  • Contradiction
  • Complaint

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry for the Environment, Energy and Climate Protection

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

competent Bodies

Niedersächsisches Landesamt für Bergbau, Energie und Geologie (LBEG)
Address: Stilleweg 2 , 30655 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 643-0
Fax: +49 511 643-2304

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)