Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Residence Registration for boatmen and seafarers

Any person moving onto an inland waterway vessel which is entered in a shipping register in the Federal Republic of Germany must register with the competent authority.

The shipowner of a seagoing vessel entitled to fly the federal flag must register the master and crew members of the ship at the beginning of the employment, employment or training relationship.

The obligation to register ship's crews does not exist as long as these persons are registered for accommodation in Germany.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the municipality, the joint municipality and the city in which the home port of the ship or the registered office of the shipowner is located.

Which documents are required?

  • Registration form
  • Confirmation of landlord
  • Identity card or passport as proof of identity and to change the apartment details

What are the fees?

There are no fees.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.

Applications / forms

The competent authority will provide you with registration forms free of charge. Many places already offer these as downloads on the Internet. You can also have the required information entered into the automated procedure on site.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of the Interior and Sport


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)