Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Residence Registration as secondary residence

If you use one or more secondary residences in addition to your main residence, this must be reported to the competent authority. This makes a corresponding entry in the population register. Second home tax may have to be paid at the secondary residence.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the municipality, the Joint Community and the city in which the secondary residence is taken.

Which documents are required?

  • Confirmation of landlord
  • Registration form

What are the fees?

There are no fees.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Registration must be made within 2 weeks of moving into the apartment.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of the Interior and Sport


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)