Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Residence Deregistration of secondary residence

If you no longer live in a secondary residence, report it to the competent authority. This adjusts the entry in the population register accordingly.

Who should I contact?

If you do not move into a new apartment, the move out of a secondary residence must be reported to the municipality, the joint municipality or the city in which you have the main residence or the secondary residence.

Which documents are required?

  • Landlord's confirmation of residence
  • Registration form

What are the fees?

There are no fees.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Deregistration is possible at the earliest one week before moving out of an apartment and must have taken place no later than 2 weeks after moving out.

Applications / forms

The competent authority has free registration forms ready for you. Many places already offer these as downloads on the Internet. You can also have the required information entered into the automated procedure on site.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of the Interior and Sport


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)