Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Housing Subsidies for general rental housing

As a sponsor of a new construction of rental apartments in urban areas with rent levels 3-6 and a municipal housing supply concept, in the case of modernization measures or expansion and conversion as well as expansion in assisted areas or replacement construction measures in connection with demolition measures, you can receive state subsidies within the framework of social housing subsidies.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the district and the independent city in whose area you are planning the construction project.


  • For 20 years, the subsidised apartment may only be rented to tenants who present a certificate of eligibility for housing and whose income does not exceed certain income limits.
  • The size of the apartment must be appropriate to the size of the tenant's household.
  • Minimum personal contribution: should be 25% of the total costs, but at least 15%.
  • In the energetic modernization of rental housing, which was completed by 01.01.1995.

Who can receive funding?

Natural and legal persons under public and private law as well as partnerships.

What can be funded:

  • New construction in urban areas
  • Modernisation measures and the extension and conversion as well as the expansion in assisted areas
  • Replacement construction measures in connection with demolition measures
  • Energy-efficient modernization

There is no legal entitlement to funding.

Which documents are required?

Documents may be required. Please contact the competent authority.

What are the fees?

NBank charges a processing fee of 1% of the total amount granted.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Construction work must not have begun before a funding commitment was granted.

What else should I know?

Eligible areas are formally defined redevelopment areas, especially in districts with special development needs, areas in which preparatory investigations have been initiated in accordance with Section 141 of the Building Code, conservation areas in accordance with Section 172 (1) sentence 1 no. 1 of the Building Code, previous accommodation areas for the homeless and areas with a municipal housing supply concept or an urban development concept.

Eligible for funding are replacement construction measures in connection with the demolition or partial demolition of uneconomical rental residential buildings in areas with a housing supply concept. This applies, for example, in connection with the restructuring of high-density housing estates and solitary high-rise buildings of the 1960s and 1970s.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)