Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

School excursions, school trips and comparable trips from day-care centres: reimbursement of costs

If the school class your child attends is planning a school trip or a class trip lasting several days, you as parents usually have to share the costs. The same applies to comparable measures for children who attend a day-care centre. Not every family is always able to bear these costs.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the district or the independent city.


  • a need for assistance within the meaning of the Second Book of the Social Code (SGB II) - reimbursement of costs according to SGB II
  • a need for assistance within the meaning of the Twelfth Book of the Social Code (SGB XII) - reimbursement of costs according to SGB XII
  • a one-time benefit in accordance with the Federal Child Benefit Act (BKGG) - reimbursement of costs in accordance with the Federal Child Benefit Act

Which documents are required?

Documents may be required. Please contact the competent authority.

What are the fees?

There are no fees.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

There are no deadlines to be observed.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

competent Bodies

Landkreis Emsland - Fachbereich Arbeit
Address: Ordeniederung 1 , 49716 Meppen
Postal address: Post Office Box 15 62 , 49705 Meppen
Telephone: 05931 44-0
Fax: 05931 44-3621
Transport Connection:
Station Haltestelle Kreishaus
Bus: 993

Building Access
elevator available, wheelchair-accessible


Marion Budden
Telephone: 05931 44-1619
E 619
responsible for:

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)