Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Emsland

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Give up your position as an authorized district chimney sweep

If you wish to give up your position as an authorised district chimney sweep, you must have the corresponding administrative act, i.e. your appointment, cancelled by the competent authority.

You can voluntarily initiate the cancellation of your appointment as an authorized district chimney sweep. Under certain conditions, the annulment can also be initiated compulsorily. Upon reaching the age of 67, the appointment ends. An application for annulment is not required in this case.

If you want to give up your entire job as a chimney sweep, you can then apply for deletion from the register of craftsmen and, if necessary, apply for deletion of the chimney sweep. Deregister your business.

Process flow

To apply for the cancellation of your appointment as an authorized district chimney sweep, proceed as follows:

  • Contact the competent authority.
  • Submit an appropriate application and attach the necessary documents.
  • Once you have submitted the application and all documents are complete, the competent authority will check whether you meet all the requirements.
  • If you meet all the requirements, the competent authority will issue a decision releasing you from the post of authorized district chimney sweep.

The competent authority shall immediately notify the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control of the cancellation of the order, which shall keep the register of chimney sweeps.

Competent authority

The districts, independent cities and large independent cities are responsible.


The competent authority may revoke your appointment as an authorised district chimney sweep,

  • if you expressly request it, or
  • if facts demonstrably prove that you do not have the necessary personal or professional reliability for the exercise of the office, or
  • if facts prove that you are permanently unable to exercise your profession due to a physical infirmity or weakness of your physical or mental strength.


Which documents are required?

  • if the competent authority asks you to do so: official medical report on your state of health
  • You do not need to provide proof for the application for voluntary abandonment of the sweeping district.

    There is no predetermined list of documents for the compulsory cancellation of an order. It is up to the competent authority to decide which evidence to use in the proceedings.

What are the fees?

The competent authority may ask you to submit an official medical report on your state of health if there is evidence of a physical infirmity or weakness of your physical or mental strength. You have to bear the costs yourself.

The costs for the cancellation of the appointment as an authorized district chimney sweep are based on cost tariff 76.1.6 of the General Fee Schedule (AllGO). A distinction is made according to the reason for the cancellation and the time required for it. The cost is at least 60 euros.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

You don't have to pay attention to any deadlines.

Processing duration

If the documents are complete, the application will be processed.

Applications / forms

  • Written form required: no
  • Personal appearance required: no


  • Contradiction
  • Administrative court action

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour, Transport and Digitalisation


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

competent Bodies

Landkreis Emsland - Fachbereich Sicherheit und Ordnung
Address: Ordeniederung 1 , 49716 Meppen
Postal address: Post Office Box 15 62 , 49705 Meppen
Telephone: 05931 44-0
Fax: 05931 44-3621
Transport Connection:
Station Haltestelle Kreishaus
Bus: 993

Building Access
elevator available, wheelchair-accessible


Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)