Please enter a search term.

Your selected location: Gartow

For an area outside of Lower Saxony and foreign languages, some menu items and functions are not available. Please go to the service page of the respective country.

Notify the artists' social insurance fund of the company's mission

If your company ceases to exist, the obligation to pay contributions under the Artists' Social Insurance Act also ends.

The reason why your company no longer exists, for example due to deletion, merger or splitting, is not decisive for the termination. However, this may result in further audits by the Künstlersozialkasse if your legal successor is liable to pay contributions.

If your company is merely dormant, your obligation to pay contributions is generally not terminated as your company still exists.

For the period up to the complete cessation of the business, you must report the remuneration that you have paid to self-employed persons for artistic or journalistic works or services. The Künstlersozialkasse uses your report to draw up a final statement of the artists' social security contribution.

Process flow

You can submit your request online or by post.

Online notification:

  • Call up the online form on the federal portal. This will guide you step by step through the necessary information, which you can enter electronically.
  • Note: You will need a valid ELSTER certificate to log in to the online form.
  • You will need approximately 15 minutes to complete the online form.
  • First enter your personal details, including your tax number. You will find this on the letter from the Künstlersozialkasse in the top right-hand corner.
  • Then enter the date on which you ceased or expect to cease your business.
  • You can also use the form to report the remuneration paid to self-employed artists and publicists up to the time the business ceased.
  • If available, upload evidence of the cessation of the business.

Notification by post:

  • Please inform the Künstlersozialkasse informally of the cessation of your company. Please state the date on which the company was discontinued.
  • Please include your tax number in your letter. This can be found at the top right of the letter from the Künstlersozialkasse.
  • If available, enclose proof of the company's cessation.
  • Send the informal letter to the Künstlersozialkasse.

After receiving your notification, the Künstlersozialkasse will check your details. If there are any queries or further documents are required, the Künstlersozialkasse will contact you.

You will receive notification of the result of the check from the Künstlersozialkasse.


  • You are registered as a company with the Künstlersozialkasse.
  • You have completely ceased your entrepreneurial activity or will cease it in the foreseeable future.

Which documents are required?

The following documents must be submitted, if applicable and available:

  • Extract from the commercial register
  • Extract from the register of associations
  • Extract from the register of cooperatives
  • Extract from the partnership register
  • Deregistration from the trade register

If you are unable to provide any of these documents, please contact the Künstlersozialkasse to find out which documents you need to submit.

What are the fees?

There are no costs.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

There is no deadline.

Applications / forms

Forms available: No

Written form required: No

Informal application possible: Yes

Personal appearance necessary: No

Online services available: Yes


  • Appeal
    Detailed information on how to lodge an objection can be found in the notice from the Künstlersozialkasse.

What else should I know?

There are no indications or special features.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Data protection information

Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz Niedersachsen
Address: Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover
Telephone: +49 511 12045-00
Fax: +49 511 12045-99

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)