Display of the commercial keeping of game enclosures
Do you want to keep and breed wild animals in game reserves? Do you carry out the activity independently, according to plan, on a continuous basis and with the intention of making a profit? Then you must notify the competent veterinary authority of this animal husbandry at least four weeks before it becomes operational.
After you have submitted the required documents to your competent office, the documents will be checked for correctness and completeness.
Your contact persons are the veterinary authorities of the districts and independent cities in Lower Saxony, the Hanover region and the Zweckverband Veterinäramt Jade-Weser.
- The notification must be received by the competent veterinary authority at least four weeks before the start of the activity.
- In addition, you must ensure the animal welfare husbandry requirements, in particular to meet the requirements of the Animal Welfare Act.
- The display contains all the necessary information.
- All necessary documents are available.
Which documents are required?
- Please check with the competent veterinary authority for notification forms.
- Informal advertisement with the following content:
- Species, number and sex of animals to be kept
- Details of the person responsible for the activity
- Information on the size and design of the enclosure to be built
- Certificates of competence for the respective persons who have contact with the animals
- Sketch(s) of the enclosure(s)
Applications / forms
- Informal display
- If necessary, your competent office will provide further documents for notification. Therefore, please contact your competent veterinary authority.
What else should I know?
- Game reserves are also notifiable according to nature conservation regulations.
Information on the nature conservation notification of animal enclosures
Guidelines for animal welfare keeping of wild game in enclosures
Opinion on minimum standards for keeping mammals
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.