Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Compensation for damage to civilian service: Granting

Attention: The content of this service is no longer up-to-date. An update is currently being carried out by the Federal Ministry of the Interior.

Civilian service is the most common form of alternative military service. As a rule, it includes activities in the social environment, such as hospitals, old people's homes, rescue and patient transport or care for the disabled.

A person subject to compulsory civilian service who has suffered damage to his service shall, after completion of his civilian service, receive care in accordance with the Civilian Service Act upon application because of the health and economic consequences.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility lies with the branch office of the Lower Saxony State Office for Social Affairs, Youth and Family, which is responsible for your place of residence.

Which documents are required?

  • Please attach birth certificate or present your identity card or passport when submitting your application in person.
  • Confirmation of registration
  • any medical documents in your possession (e.g. Opinion )
  • If applicable, power of attorney, supervisor card or certificate of appointment
    If applicable, certificate from the health insurance company, if an insurance relationship continued during civilian service
  • Certificate of civilian service

What are the fees?

There are no fees.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Pension benefits shall commence at the earliest upon termination of employment if the application is submitted within one year of termination of employment. During their period of service, persons performing civilian service may be entitled to compensation for damage to civilian service from the Federal Office for Civilian Service.


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)