Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Notify the Artists' Social Security Fund of the change in personal data

The Künstlersozialkasse always requires your current data in order to process your insurance.

If you are self-employed as an artist or journalist and are insured through the Künstlersozialkasse or entitled to a subsidy, the Künstlersozialkasse will store your personal data insofar as it is necessary for the implementation and processing of your social security obligations.

This includes, among other things

  • First name and surname
  • artist's name
  • Date of birth
  • Gender
  • your address
  • Bank details
  • Data of the SEPA direct debit mandate, if applicable
  • Status of parental status
  • Other contact information

If your contact details change, for example if you move house, please inform the Künstlersozialkasse.

You can also inform the Künstlersozialkasse if your contact details change: for example, enter a mobile telephone number in addition to the landline telephone number.

You must also inform the Künstlersozialkasse of your date of death.

Your data will be used for communication with you, but also for the necessary data exchange with other authorities, service providers or banks.

Process flow

Online notification:

  • Call up the online form on the federal portal This will guide you step by step through the necessary information, which you can enter electronically.
  • Note: You will need a valid ELSTER certificate to log in to the online form. Alternatively, you can use your electronic ID document.
  • You will need around 10 minutes to complete the online application.
  • First select your request.
  • When you make your selection, you will receive general information about your request.
  • Enter your personal details, including your insurance number. You will find this in the top right-hand corner of the letter from the Künstlersozialkasse.
  • Then enter the details of your request and upload any required documents.

Notification by post:

  • If your address has changed: Fill in the PDF form "New address" on the website of the Künstlersozialkasse.
  • If you would like to issue a SEPA direct debit mandate: Complete the PDF form "SEPA direct debit mandate for insured persons" on the website of the Künstlersozialkasse.
  • If you are a self-payer and your bank details have changed: Complete the PDF form "Change of bank details" on the website of the Künstlersozialkasse.
  • If you would like to make a notification on the subject of parental status: Complete the PDF form "Notification/proof of parental status" on the website of the Künstlersozialkasse.
  • Please also state your insurance number. You will find this in the top right-hand corner of the letter from the Künstlersozialkasse.
  • Print out the completed PDF form.
  • If you cannot find a notification form for your request on the website of the Künstlersozialkasse, please inform us briefly and informally, stating your insurance number.
  • Sign the form or your notification and attach any additional or necessary documents.
  • Send everything together to the Künstlersozialkasse.

The Künstlersozialkasse will check your details and adjust your data. Depending on the type of change, you may receive written confirmation of the change.

If there are any queries or further documents are required, the Künstlersozialkasse will contact you by post.


  • They are currently subject to compulsory insurance via the Künstlersozialkasse.

Which documents are required?

  • completed online application, PDF form or informal notification
  • The additional documents to be submitted depend on the change. These can be, for example
    • Birth certificate,
    • marriage certificate,
    • the decision of a court or
    • a death certificate.
  • Certificates of the respective change must always be submitted in copy.

What are the fees?

There are no costs.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Please notify us of the change as soon as possible so that you do not suffer any disadvantages. This applies in particular to the notification of parental status.


  • Objection

Not all change notifications also have legal consequences. If there is a change with legal implications, you can find detailed information on how to lodge an objection in the notification from the Künstlersozialkasse.

Technically approved by

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)