Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Social assistance benefits for children and young people at risk of development and disabilities

If you need help with your livelihood and do not have health insurance – statutory or private – the social welfare provider will provide health assistance.

These include:

  • Support and advice for parents
  • Childcare and care services
  • Medical treatments
  • Therapies such as speech promotion and movement promotion
  • Checkups
  • Everyday accompaniment

Competent authority

The following are responsible:

  • the social welfare office of the respective local social assistance institution


  • the social welfare office of the district or municipality belonging to the region consulted by the local social welfare institution,

in which the domicile is located.


Health aids are given to persons,

- who do not have statutory or sufficient private health insurance,

- the provision of services via the health insurance fund is out of the question

- and who cannot reasonably be expected to raise the funds for the necessary assistance from income and assets.

Which documents are required?

- Application for health assistance

- Identity card or passport (or other documents that can identify the person beyond doubt)

The competent social assistance institution shall provide information on the documents required in individual cases.

Technically approved by

Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality

Professionally released on



The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)