Please enter a search term.
Please note:You can only obtain complete information if you indicate the place of residence, the place of business or the building project, depending on the procedure.

Temporary authorisation for road passenger transport: grant

Anyone who transports people as an entrepreneur by bus (scheduled transport, excursion bus trips or holiday destinations), taxis or rental cars must be in possession of a permit.

Prerequisite is proof

  • personal reliability,
  • economic and financial standing, and
  • professional aptitude.

In addition, the competent authorities also grant temporary permits in accordance with § 20 of the Passenger Transport Act (PBefG) and approve timetables and tariffs (in regular services).

The Lower Saxony Ministry of Economic Affairs and Transport is responsible for the technical supervision of permits for passenger transport.

Who should I contact?

The responsibility for lies with the Landesnahverkehrsgesellschaft Niedersachsen mbH, a loaned, state-owned company.

Which documents are required?

Documents may be required. Please contact the competent authority.

What are the fees?

Fees may apply. Please contact the relevant authority.

What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?

Deadlines may have to be observed. Please contact the competent authority.

What else should I know?

Further information can also be found in the service "Occasional services with motor vehicles: authorisation".


The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Source: Serviceportal Niedersachsen (Portalverbund des Bundes und der Länder)